Mount Olive Baptist Church is seeking experienced Custodians to provide janitorial support. These are part-time, hourly positions with varied (daytime, evening, weekend) schedules, which average between 8 and 20 hours per week. Successful candidates will have three or more years of commercial cleaning experience. Interested candidates should submit resumes to Rev. Sabra Jones, the Church Administrator at . Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Duties: The individual in this position is responsible for day-to-day cleaning, opening and/or closing, and general maintenance of Church facilities. It is the responsibility of the Custodian to ensure the facilities are cleaned and sanitized in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety. Safety, cleanliness, and continued efficiency of operation shall be a major goal at all times. The successful candidates carry out these functions in a helpful and cheerful manner to all who enter or contact the Church, while meeting the needs of staff, guests, volunteers, and congregants. This is a part-time position, and the Custodian works under the direction of the Church Administrator.
1. Care and upkeep of the church facility and grounds
2. Cleaning of the church facility
3. Performance of light repairs throughout the building
4. Identifies need for repairs or maintenance of areas in the facility and reports to Church Administrator and Maintenance Committee such needs
5. Maintains janitorial supply inventory and advises the Church Administrator on the ordering of janitorial supplies
6. Provide set up and removal of furnishings for church activities
7. Assures that the church facilities are open according to the published hours of operation and are prepared for all worship and ministry events.
8. May perform janitorial duties at other properties owned by Mount Olive Baptist Church, Arlington, VA
9. Other duties as assigned
Ability to lift 75 pounds or more. The employee will occasionally be asked to climb on ladders and should have good balance. This is a position that requires frequent physical movement and the ability to stand, walk, carry, lift, and kneel.
The ability to read and comprehend instructions is required. Ability to read and comprehend operating manuals for any equipment used. Proficient in reading, speaking, and writing English is required. Knowledge of and the ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
3+ years of previous building and grounds experience including commercial cleaning and the proper use of chemicals, products, and equipment for cleaning large buildings
Knowledge of use and safety regulations for high and low-speed buffers, automatic floor scrubbers, and a carpet extractor.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Ability to operate a 15- passenger van is a plus.
Background & reference checks, as well as drug screening, will be conducted prior to employment.
Salary commensurate with experience.