What to Expect
Mount Olive is a community of faith where each person can safely grow, love and be loved. While dedicated to teaching the good news of Jesus Christ, our worship services blend traditional and contemporary styles of music and worship, with state of the art technology. We seek to create an atmosphere where each person is free to worship according to the dictates of his or her own heart. Here are some things that we’d like you to know about us to make your visit more enjoyable:
In our congregation there are many generations, just as there are in many families. We strive to serve all of our family members to the best of our abilities, according to their needs.
Come comfortably dressed. As God shows no favoritism or partiality, the Bible teaches us that neither should we, so we invite you to come as you are, without fear of being judged.
Times and Places
On-street parking is available.
Join us for live worship experience on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. You may also worship with us virtually using our social media platforms at: www.mtolivebc.org or YouTube: www.youtube.com/mobcarlington or Facebook Live: www.facebook.com/mtolivebc You may also listen to our worship service by calling our phone live streaming service at 240-831-MOBC (6622).
- On First Sundays we share in Holy Communion
- We have worship services for children and youth on the lower level on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month at 9:30 a.m. These serves are for children and youth up to 18 years of age.
- If you would like to go deeper into the Bible, we have Sunday School immediately following our 9:30 a.m. service each week.
- If you would like to go deeper still, we have Bible Study each Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
- You may access Bible Study on each of social media platforms.
People and Faces
When you first enter the building on Sunday morning, an usher will greet you and help you find a seat in the main sanctuary. Although you do not need to tell anyone that you’re a new visitor at our church, during the service on Sunday, we will give you an opportunity to let us know that you are worshiping with us for the first time, and allow us the honor of welcoming you into service.