What to Expect
Mount Olive is a family of Christian believers in which you can safely grow, love and be loved. While dedicated to teaching the good news of Jesus Christ, our worship services blend traditional and contemporary styles of music and worship, with state of the art technology. We seek to create an atmosphere where each person is free to worship according to the dictates of his or her own heart.
Here are some things that we’d like you to know about us to make your visit more enjoyable:
In our congregation there are many generations, just as there are in many families. We strive to serve all of our family members to the best of our abilities, according to their needs.
Come comfortably dressed. As God shows no favoritism or partiality, the Bible teaches us that neither should we, so we invite you to come as you are, without fear of being judged.
Times and Places
On-street parking is available.
Please Note that Due To COVID-19 restrictions: All Church facilities are closed and we are holding one virtual worship service on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. This new schedule will remain in place until otherwise announced. Please join us on our livestream: www.mtolivebc.org or YouTube: www.youtube.com/mobcarlington or Facebook Live: www.facebook.com/mtolivebc You may also listen to our worship service by calling our phone live streaming service at 240-831-MOBC (6622).
- We have one joint worship service on First Sundays at 9:30 a.m. where we share in Communion. On 2nd through 5th Sundays we have two services, 7:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- We have worship services for children and youth on the lower level on the 3rd and 5th Sundays of each month at 11:00 a.m. These serves are for children and youth up to 18 years of age.
- We provide interpretation for the deaf and hearing impaired, using American Sign Language during our 11:00 A.M. services.
- If you would like to go deeper into the Bible, we have Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. every week, except on the first Sunday of the month. On the first Sunday of the month, it begins at 8:45 a.m.
- If you would like to go deeper still, we have prayer meetings every Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. followed by Bible Study for all ages at 7:00 p.m.; and mid-day Bible study every Thursday at 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
People and Faces
When you first enter the building on Sunday morning, an usher will greet you, give you a bulletin to help you follow what is going on during the service, and help you find a seat in the main sanctuary. Although you do not need to tell anyone that you’re a new visitor at our church, during the service on Sunday, we will give you an opportunity to stand during the worship, and allow us the honor of welcoming you into our home.
During the brief welcome and fellowship period of the Sunday service, if you’ve identified yourself as a visitor, you will receive a welcome packet containing information about Mt Olive, to help you learn more about us. This information is also available in our Welcome Center located just outside the main sanctuary. The packet also includes a guest information sheet which we ask you to complete and give to the usher before leaving worship. It will allow us to stay in touch with you after your visit.
If you’ve not identified yourself as a visitor, during the fellowship period, we will greet you, just as we greet one another with a hug or a handshake. Worship service continues after this fellowship period.