Children & Youth Ministry
The mission of a youth ministry is to provide well-rounded and comprehensive programming and services that enhance and enrich the spiritual, social, and academic development of youth. Programming is offered for children and youth from pre-kindergarten age through high school.
We are committed to developing strong young disciples. Providing opportunities to teach age appropriate Biblical principles that foster spiritual development is our primary goal.
We are committed to being an educational support for our youth. We will continue to partner with the Northern Virginia Urban League and U.S. Department of Energy to continue inspiring kids through STEM education. We are committed to expanding SWAG (Student With A Goal) Education Conference to reach and empower more kids in our church and in the community.
We will continue to make sure that all of our services, programs, and activities have an element of fun, which promotes fellowship. We are committed to making sure youth see church as a place they love! Making church fun and exciting encourages fellowship and helps youth identify church as a place they love to attend.
The youth of Mt. Olive have opportunities for exciting fun and learning with our Scouting Programs:
- Boy Scouts
- Cub Scouts
- Girls Scouts
Services and Programs
- Youth Church – Every 3rd & 5th Sundays @ 11:00 a.m.
- Youth Emphasis Service – Every 2nd Sunday @ 11:00 a.m.
- Annual Youth Impact Weekend – The Second Weekend in June
- Movie Under the Stars – Visit the church calendar for dates
- Students With A Goal (SWAG) Education Conference – October
- Youth Christmas Mission/Fellowship – December
- Youth Mission Projects– Various Dates - Visit the church calendar for dates
For more information: Dr. Vanetta R. Rather, Youth Pastor